Are YOU affected by pollution?
The red areas of this map show where High Levels of pollution have been measured.
If I vary my jogging or others make use of the Plume Flow device, this may change the map.
This website includes records of real-time air quality using a Plume Laboratories - "Flow" Device.
Here we go again!
My "starter for ten points" has been submitted to the Planning Portal on 23rd October 2019
I am certain I have not covered all grounds for objection, so please submit your own Objections using one of the following channels
· Online at: THIS LINK - opens the exact page or http://pa.midkent.gov.uk/online-applications/ (General Entry page). You may find you have to re-register on the Portal as several of us have been removed due to new Data Protection requirements! Get in early to create your new profile! Otherwise you will wait forever for an email to update your password, etc!
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org - if your objection has images or heavy formatting that you think is important. The Planning Portal strips out formatting rendering it as plain text. In that case, save your comments as a PDF and email it to this email address.
· Write to Mid Kent Planning Support, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone ME15 6JQ - Case Officer - Andrew Spiers
All Objections should:
- Be dated
- Provide your name and address. Anonymous comments will not usually be taken into account
- State the application number and site address - 19/505036/OUT | Outline application for the erection of up to 86no. residential dwellings, including 50% affordable housing (Access being Sought). | Land South Of London Road Teynham Kent ME9 9QJ
DEADLINE FOR COMMENTS - 13th November 2019 (Extended thanks to Councillor Lloyd Bowen)
I have shared through my email group (let me know if you want to add your email address).
To view the details, make your own comments and see comments received - USE THIS LINK
FAQs - as I hear questions, I will do my best to provide useful links.
- Where is the site located? South of the A2, West of Lynsted Lane - this is one of four maps provided by the Proposer
- What are valid objections to planning applications?
- Personal "non planning" Impact statements - can be added to help Councillors understand impacts on you - but Planning Officials will ignore.
Maidstone Borough Council's Letter to Residents affected by this proposal
NOTE THAT THEIR LIST OF "CONSIDERATIONS" DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY REFER TO "POLLUTION"
AS A "MATERIAL PLANNING CONSIDERATION."
BE ASSURED, "POLUTION" IS A "MATERIAL CONSIDERATION" UNDER THE "NATIONAL PLANNING POLICY FRAMEWORK"
Court of Appeal Judgement (12th September 2019) reinforces the obligation on Local Authorities
to apply the test of "cumulative impact"where AQMAs are declared and reject Proposals
that seek to avoid this responsibility. PDF Copy of the Judgement.
MEASUREMENT OF POLLUTION LEVELS AND THE TIME IT LASTS = "HARM"
Higher pollution leads to more harm, more quickly.
SBC only measures NOx at a time when we have got very high levels of VOCs, PM10 and PM2.5.
THE A2 IS NOT A TRUNK ROAD - STOP PRETENDING IT IS!
ALL development approvals that join the A2 must logically add pollution to the AQMAs. We are already living with harmful levels of pollution from heavy and often congested traffic.
PLANNING FOR POLLUTION
This website does not argue against housing; it does argue for housing in places with sensibly thought out infrastructure and with the least harm to the health of residents, visitors and workers.
Councillors & Officials have argued that they can deliver 'housing without more pollution'. They can only say this because they only measure NOx from combustion - engines are burning cleaner. SBC ignores three other toxic pollutants identified as harmful by Central Government (see Pollution Diary). So, SBC simply rolls over to Developers who always say that pollution (NOx) impacts from each development are "insignificant". This is not true if all pollutants are discussed. Perhaps the new Council will get on the front foot in delivering on health issues for their Residents?
SBC have ignored Government policies that link increases in housing with increases in harmful pollution - especially in AQMAs. The National Planning Policy Framework (2019) tells all Local Authorities that they must take into account the "cumulative impact" of all housing approvals where traffic will increase in existing AQMAs. SBC's behaviour undermines Government policies on reducing pollution at a local and national level. The Court of Appeal has made abundantly clear the overriding importance of pollution, cumulative impacts and planning decisions in its judgement of 12th September 2019.
TOXIC MIX APPROVED FOR CONSUMPTION BY YOUR COUNCIL
This website grew from ad hoc entries into the www.lynsted.com website - hopefully this new site allows for better structure and clarity. Please let me know if you have suggestions for changes or additions.
Innovation around Facebook. I am instinctively suspicious of Facebook but I have decided to try a Facebook Page in support of this website - https://www.facebook.com/Aqma5a2. My intention (so far) is to share ideas about vocabulary used in planning and pollution. Perhaps also pick on interesting ideas from the news or policy-makers. For those of you who don't 'do' Facebook, I have added a page to this site in which Facebook posts will appear from time to time. Go to my web-page for non-Facebook peeps.